Sonntag, 27. Januar 2013

Interview with Jed Thomas


After meeting him at the "Daniel Way Signing" at Phat Collectibles on November 17, 2012, I finally had the honor to ask the talented Jed Thomas some questions and he took the time to answer them.

So I really hope you enjoy the read and my first personal interview with one of my favorite artists at this time. Dive into a world full of music and art with my Interview with Jed Thomas.


1. Please Introduce yourself to my readers!
The name is Thomas,... JED THOMAS. I am a native from Orange County but resides in Los Angeles, California. I am an artist, illustrator - I run my own art company, THE BAT COMES OUT TONIGHT and also a lead singer in a metalcore band, WITH HEARTSAKE IN VENGEANCE.

2. When did you start drawing comic-style?
I started drawing like forever and a day ago since I was 4 years old. I was a little dude back then.

3. Who is your favorite Comic Superhero and why?
My favorite superhero of all time is BATMAN. He is the greatest character and hero ever created in the history of mankind. He is the reason of my decent existence, he is an inspiration, a motivational figure, he is everything to me (more than words could explain). Apart from the personal matter, I really like BATMAN because of who he is, what he stands for, how he does things, his work ethics, he break rules, he is scary, he is just way too awesome !!!!!

4. If you could have any Superpower in the world which one would it be or would you rather be the rich guy that invents all his stuff?
I would rather be the super rich guy that has that ability to do everything. Yes, just like Bruce Wayne or Tony Stark. I have an expensive taste in life anyway, so I think being super crazy rich would fit me the best.

5. You currently worked for „The Walking Dead“. How was that experience?
The Walking Dead is fun. I didn't work on the book, I worked on the other art stuff for them but at the moment I cannot talk about it much. Because it's still a future release and I cannot give it away. So mouth zipped for now.... Hahahahahahahahaha.

Headsketches & an awesome Deadpool poster from Jed Thomas
6. Beside your work as an artist you also sing in a band. Do you mind telling me more about that side of yours?
 I sing in a band, yes I do. I love singing and I love music. I have always been the crazy kid that loves the spotlight. I am an eccentric human being that likes to rock out and have that rock edgy attitude. Music is definitely my other passion in life. I like to be the guy that does everything that I truly love. We only live once in this life, might as well do all the things we love and live a life with no regrets.

7. Does your music also influence your work as a comic artist or the other way around?
I think I am able to channel my life and express different aspects in my life differently through my music and my art. So I guess they just run their own course individually. It's really funny though, it seems like the people who are fans of my art don't care about my music and the people who are fans of my band, don't care about my art. It's strange... maybe people need to be educated more.

8. What is your favorite Comic at the moment?
My current favorite comic book is BATMAN by Scott Snyder and Greg Capullo. SO GOOD !!!!!!!!!!!

9. If you could give any advice to upcoming comic artists what would it be?
 My advice would be to work hard, practice right, don't listen or care what negativities that others say to you.

10. Thank you so much for taking your time to answer the questions. Do you have any last words to my readers?


Xoxo,
Nana

0 Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen